Cost Comparison of Dish vs. DIRECTV Satellite Systems
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about DIRECTV Tips and other Satellite TV topics.
What are the additional costs of Dish vs. DirecTV satellite systems?
The costs of different satellite TV systems can vary greatly. Here, we will examine the fees of two of the largest satellite TV providers and you can form your own opinion on which would be best for you and your family. The fees reviewed here are for additional features. Programming fees will vary based on your level of subscription, but these fees are universal to all subscribers.
- DVR Upgrade – Dish Network offers a DVR upgrade for free while DirecTV charges a $100 additional fee.
- HD Upgrade – Again, Dish Network offers this upgrade for free while DirecTV charges a $300 additional fee.
- Equipment Warranty – Dish Network offers a lifetime equipment warranty on dishes and receivers. The DirecTV warranty is only good for 1 year.
- Additional Rooms – DirecTV has a fee of $5 per additional room for service while Dish provides services for additional rooms for free.
- Shipping Charges – For initial delivery of your equipment, Dish has no shipping fees while DirecTV charges a $19.99 shipping fee.
Looking at the additional fees of Dish vs. DirecTV paints a pretty clear picture of which ahs the better deals. If you want to know more about the actual services that they both offer, contact their free support lines and they can explain more about their programming. Also keep in mind that these are the standard fees and specials are often available that can reduce or eliminate them.